A bon mot is viewed a small piece of something good such as shrimp cocktail but today instead of food I will share for your political palate a few items:
1. The Insurance Commisioner is paying 16,000 of YOUR tax dollars to a consultant. Now one must ask what on earth does he consult for that kind of money. Oh, the Insurance Commissioner’s office has dozens of employee’s.
Yet with the budget in tatters you’d think someone would be putting the brakes on such a travesty.
2. The House D’s are sparring with Helene Keeley casting a serious eye at the Majority Whip spot held currently by Val Longhurst. Can you say cat fight?
3. Ferris Wharton has been meeting with his advisors to gear up for the AG seat he nearly won last time. Polling indicates that with R women and I’s back in the GOP tent he can win.
4. 3 people have interviewed to take on Bobby Walls in Kent County. The leader is a prominent farmer’s son with strong ties to the State Fair.
5. Sean Fink’s radio show is drawing solid ratings on WGMD. The voice of Sussex County. John Atkins knows this.
6. The D’s are in disarray over losing the special. The Robinson name was to have split Georgtown and the liberal elites in Lewes were to come out in droves for a Public Defender. Can you now say oops? The churches worked overtime for Mrs. King and the conservative base was rallied at every little league and soccer game.
7. Ron Poliquin is assembling a machine on par with Bill Roth’s to win the 31st House seat. People from all 3 counties have contributed and pledged to help. Poliquin will soon vault to statewide contender status after one or two terms in Dover, much like Pete duPont did in the 60′s
8. Eric Buckson is another new member of the GOP farm team. His principled stands and gregarious manner make also a statewide possibility in time.
9. Odds are it’ll be standing room only at Greg Lavelle’s fundraiser with Pete duPont.
10. A superlative candidate is on the cusp of running for the 15th RD seat.
11. Colin Bonini has proved he has the discipline some say he lacked. His run for State Treasurer will prove to be a campaign in which he brings to the people just how screwed up things are. Look for a Bonini win which adds him to the statewide team.